Press Release: State Ethics Commission Settles with Candidate Campaign Committee, Cynthia4NMHouse, for CRA Violation
State Ethics Commission Reports
The State Ethics Commission reports quarterly on the complaints it receives and annually on its overall activities.
Annual & Special Reports
Annual reports cover the activities of the Commission for a given calendar year.
Annual Fiscal Reports
Annual Fiscal Reports cover the financial details of the Commission’s activities for A given fiscal year.
Annual Strategic Plans
Strategic Plans cover the goals and objectives of the Commission in a given fiscal year.
The State Ethics Commission Act requires the Commission to produce a quarterly report containing the number of complaints filed with and referred to the Commission; the disposition of the complaints; and the type of violation alleged in the complaints.
2022 Quarterly Reports
2021 Quarterly Reports
2020 Quarterly Reports
Commission Opinions on Administrative Cases
View Administrative Opinions for Past Cases
After hearing appeals in administrative cases, the State Ethics Commission will publish any written final decision. These final decisions are legally binding on the parties to the administrative case before the Commission. Parties may seek judicial review of final Commission decisions by petitioning a district court for a writ of certiorari under Rule 1-075 NMRA. The Commission’s jurisdiction over administrative complaints takes effect on January 1, 2020. At present, the Commission has yet to publish a written final decision. Once the Commission begins to issue final decisions, its opinions will be posted here.
Resolutions and Standing Orders
View the Commission’s Resolutions and the Executive Director’s Standing Orders
The Commission may adopt resolutions to address issues that are not otherwise covered by its rules or the State Ethics Commission Act. Similarly, under the Commission’s rules of procedure, the Executive Director may issue or withdraw standing orders addressing general practice issues and filing protocols for the handling of cases before the Commission or its hearing officers.
- Resolution No. 2020-01: Open Meetings
- Resolution No. 2020-02: Special Counsel
- Resolution No. 2020-03: Commissioner Financial Disclosures
- Resolution No. 2020-04, Investigations of Referrals and Informal Complaints and Initiation of Civil Actions
- Resolution No. 2020-05, Authorizing a demand and civil action against the Committee to Protect New Mexico Consumers
- Resolution No. 2020-06, Authorizing Staff to Act for Commission During Legislative Session
- Resolution No. 2020-07, Authorizing a Demand and Civil Action Against the Council for a Competitive New Mexico
- Resolution No. 2021-01, Authorizing publication of advisory opinions with the New Mexico Compilation Commission
- Resolution No. 2021-02: Authorizing a demand and civil action to enforce the Governmental Conduct Act
- Resolution No. 2021-03: Annual OMA Resolution
- Resolution No. 2022-01:Procedure related to complaints against notaries public
- Resolution No. 2022-02: Authorizing a Demand and Civil Action to enforce the Governmental Conduct Act Against State Representative Georgene Louis
- Resolution No. 2022-03: Authorizing Staff to Enforce Financial Disclosure Requirements Against State Officials Who Have Not Filed
- Resolution No. 2022-04: Authorizing a demand and civil action to enforce the Governmental Conduct Act
- Resolution No. 2022-05: Authorizing a demand and civil action to enforce the Governmental Conduct Act
- Resolution No. 2022-06: Authorizing a demand and civil action to enforce the Campaign Reporting Act
- Resolution No. 2022-07: Annual OMA Resolution
- Resolution No. 2022-08: Authorizing a civil action to enforce the Governmental Conduct Act
- Resolution No. 2022-09: Authorizing a demand and civil action to enforce the Procurement Code
- Resolution No. 2022-10: Authorizing a demand and civil action to enforce the Governmental Conduct Act